Howdy, ya'll!

Thanks for stopping by my page! Just to let ya'
ll know...These are my opinions and if you agree, great and if you don't, that's okay too. I don't want to offend anyone.
Just comment me and I will respond from under the big ole blue clear sky down here in Alabama!
Happy Blogging, Friends!
Tam Tam

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Harry Potter

I am so obsessed with Harry Potter!
The books.....
The movies....
Ahh, I grew up with them! I know most everything there is to know about Harry Potter! I even go on this website called Mugglenet to read about the background of Harry Potter and what everything is......

I also have an account on an interactive website where you can be a part of Hogwarts. They sort you into a House, you take classes and everything!

It's AWESOME! It's also a site that I spend a lot of my time on. I just LOVE taking the classes. It's a whole new realm of the Harry Potter experience! AND I have made friends with people that share my interest throughout the world!

Easily, the most popular and controversial of subjects in Harry Potter is the wands. Harry's itself is the brother to Voldemort's wand, as both the wands contain a phoenix feather from Dumbledore's own Fawkes. Wands are always made by wood. There are NONE made my metal or aluminum or anything like that. Wands always have a core from a magical creature, i.e. phoenix, thestral, unicorn, or dragon heartstring. 
Then there is Quidditch! It's a sport played on brooms with four balls: a Quaffle, two Bludgers, and the Golden Snitch.
The Quaffle is held by the Chasers and it is used to make goals and earn points.
Then there are two Bludgers. The Beaters hit them with small bats to try to knock people off their brooms to prevent them from scoring. 

Then there is the Golden Snitch. When the Golden Snitch is caught by the Seeker, the game ends, and that Seeker's team gets 150 points. The team that catches the Snitch nearly always wins. The one exception of that that happens in the series is at the Quidditch World Cup. Ireland won, but Viktor Krum of Bulgaria caught the Snitch. There have been others but they were years ago.


Well that's all for today.
There will be more later!



No comments:

Post a Comment